Monday, May 2, 2011

Review - Heart of the Home 2011 Tour

Hi

This past Friday I went to one of my annual, must see, house tours in the Piedmont/Oakland hills - the Childrens Support League Heart of the Home Tour. Tickets were $47 (without lunch) for this is a self-guided tour. We collected our tickets, and a booklet of the tour at the Piedmont Community Center, where they hosted a boutique in the Community Center and had tables set up for lunch outside under umbrellas. I didn't have time to browse the boutique, however it was packed inside, and I have heard many times over the years from the other ladies on the tour, that they are buying gifts for later in the year - Christmas, hostess gifts etc.

I have to say this year I didn't feel like the houses were as amazing as past years. Don't get me wrong, the houses were lovely, it was just for me, none of them had that 'wow' factor that I love, and that I go to the house tours for. I will absolutely go again next year, and thank you as always to the home owners for sharing your houses with us.

For 2011 I give this house tour 3 out of 5 House Hearts


Fondly,

Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment